Following are links to featured published content, including examples of layout, writing and photography.
The Phuket News (2014-2015)
Following are some galleries of and links to published çontent (.jpg digital copy). Click on any thumbnail to open up a carousel; right click to save/open in additional tab.
More Op-eds I’ve authored at The Phuket News:
- Staving the mass murderer within (Friday, November 27, 2015)
- Opening the GMO floodgates (Friday, December 18, 2015)
- Embracing the winds of change in 2016 (Friday, February 1, 2016)
- Phuket no safe haven for the vulnerable (Friday, January 15, 2016)
- Bad news is good for you (Friday, January 22, 2016)
- As Phuket learns to walk (Friday, February 12, 2016)
- Five years on, and still rollin’ (Friday, March 4, 2016)
Environment, Community, Humanities and Metaphysics
Explore, Travel and Leisure
- This link goes to an archive of all stories published on The Phuket News’ website
The Phuket Gazette (2012-2013)
Business / Innovation
- June 22-13 pp44_update – (.pdf file) A “Home-grown” column about a local hydroponics business; did interview, wrote story, took pics, laid out page.
- Aug 24-13 pp39 – A “Home-grown” column about my own aquaponics hobby: wrote story, took pics, laid out page.
- June 1-13 pp11 – Lead biz news story, wrote, took pictures and laid out page
- May 4-13 pp13 – A “Home-grown” column about local wheat-grass / coffee shop business: did interview, wrote story, took pics and laid out page
- Dec 15-12 pp12 – An interview with a local Swedish-run Miniature golf business
The following two pages are part of a double page Environmental special about recycling in Phuket. I did some interviews and directed another Thai reporter to do two other interviews. I compiled it all, wrote the story, took some pics and laid out the page.
As a follow up on the previous recycling story, the next two pages are part of a double-page spread, environmental special about Phuket’s incinerator and waste-based consumerism. I did the interviews, wrote the story, took the photos and laid out the page.
- June 29-13 pp40
- June 29-13 pp41
- Or, for online version, click here
- Dec 15-12 pp11 – an interview/story with a German compost expert based in Phuket
- July 27-13 pp51 – Phuket FC vs Bangkok FC match report. Wrote story, took pictures and laid out page.
- Aug 3-13 pp50 – local football beat; wrote both stories, laid out the page, took photos on lead story.
- Nov 2-13 pp44 – Charity football camp in Phuket with famous Danish striker; wrote story, took pictures and laid out
- Nov 2-13 pp50 – Phuket FC vs Rayong United match report. Wrote story, took pictures and laid out
FIFA Weekly (2014)
- In this issue, the story about the football monk in Thailand. See page 28
- The cover story of this issue is about Thailand’s rising as a futsal nation