Howdy Cyber World! Today’s podcast, will be the final of a series I recorded here in September, more on a personal note marking my status and progress on various projects and responsibilities I’m monitoring/maintaining. Download the podcast by clicking here. Below is the outline of the podcast’s topic points, with related links mentioned in the Audio. Enjoy!
For the month of September, the Siamerican had to have some things on his motor vehicle fixed, and so opted to move to a fully-serviced and fully-on-the-fossil-fuel-grid apartment near his office. The expense of accommodations is three fold his normal budget, but the (temporarily) trade-off is to not have to stress with traffic in a car in the morning, but instead more exercise through some cycling and lots of walking.
Meanwhile, getting anxious to get back and tend to the garden grove projects. The short podcast breaks with a rapid rendition on the ukulele of Fats Domino classic, “I’m Walkin” (C, G, and D7 chords), followed by the real deal. Enjoy! Below is the topic outline.
Download/listen to the podcast mp3, by clicking here
- Financial/career dependence
- grade A credit, but always have bills = seemingly never-ending (consolidation loan?)
- Love my job mostly, but greatly limited in options re. Education dilemma
- Transport / living / lifestyle
- vacated mangrove quarters for month while fix car
- on a bicycle to work, breezing past log-jammed traffic great
- but Ridiculously expensive 9k vs 3k
- fully on coal/fuel grid vs off-grid aquaponics neglected now
- when car is fixed, okay, but will have to drive 20k a day, mostly through bad traffic
Podcast discussion topic: Personal and national challenges of Thai life: Tourism as a backbone (Click here to download this podcast) Outline as follows:
- Tourism as backbone: good or bad?
- 6 % GDP (44% from all services industry), but much higher in Phuket
- Many Thais worried about image, promoting tourism figures,
- Shift from quality to quantity, in last 2 decades 500 million to billion per year
- Traditional tourists can’t be bothered with new mass scene’
(Backing track is a 1940s live jam featuring the great Charlie Christian, followed by an inspiration Thai rock song by Clash – Yoot Fun Gor Bpai Mai Teung หยุดฝันก็ไปไม่ถึง )
It’s been quite a while since I’ve paid any attention to this blog. I find myself so overwhelmingly occupied with my day-to-day, night-to-night responsibilities, that opportunities, energy and motivation to update the blog have become increasingly rare. Nonetheless, I decided to update today with a series of pod-casts,total run-time not including breakes = 69 minutes.
I’ve broken up the intro/topics into various files for more convenience, Continue reading
Every now and then, it’s good to grab the guitar – if not the ukulele or guitalele – and practice a classi or two. Startin off June 1, here’s a few good tunes: Just right for the weather, here’s an mp3 with jammin Rhythm of the Rain and Your Cheatin’ Heart… Chords are also included in the mini-podcast. Enjoy!
If for whatever reason, the song is not playing, download the mp3 here (right click and save as)
Here’s a little gallery of pics from the rural Phuket garden, taken in April, 2014. Including a fenze lizard related to Iguanas, and some tomatos grown in a micro solar aquaponics pilot system…